How to Keep your House Warm
BPT – With the early arrival of winter, the grip of cold temperatures and snowfall that landed along with it, now is a good time to start thinking about keeping your home warm and cozy all season long.
This winter, consider the strategies below to keep your house warm, even during the most frigid days of the year.
1. Help your HVAC system work more efficiently
No matter what kind of heating system you have, you can take steps to keep it working at its best.
- Schedule annual heating tune-ups
- Change the furnace filter frequently
- Make sure ductwork dampers are open
- Check air vents — are they open? Are any blocked by furniture?
- If you have a home with radiators, make sure they aren’t blocked
- Avoid wild temperature swings — set your thermostat for reasonable highs and lows at night and during the day, since extremely low temps could result in freezing pipes, and your system has to work extra hard to aim for higher temps than it can handle
2. Consider upgrading your HVAC system
If you have an older system that just can’t keep up or you live in a climate with extreme temperatures, consider upgrading to a new high-efficiency heating system. It may save you money and energy in the long run, while increasing your comfort level.
Thanks to advances in technology, today’s HVAC equipment can provide more consistent airflow and better maintain a constant temperature in every room. In the middle of winter, all of that adds up to a more comfortable and cozy home without the enormous utility bill.
For the latest and greatest in comfort technology for your winter upgrade, consider a duct-free split system equipped with LG’s newest heating technology, the compact and powerful LGRED° (Reliable to Extreme Degrees), designed for even the coldest of climates. With continuous heating capabilities down to -13° Fahrenheit, LGRED° technology provides superior heating performance that will keep you warm all winter long. This increased performance not only delivers heat when traditional HVAC systems are unable but operates with top-notch efficiency, cutting energy costs and increasing savings.
Pair this technology with sleek indoor units, like the LG Art CoolTM lineup, for comfort without sacrificing style. An added plus is that LG systems can make one or many rooms perfectly toasty without tearing up walls or altering the home’s appearance.
3. Block the leaks
If you have drafts or leaks in your home, you’re losing valuable heated air and letting in the cold. Start by checking doors and windows for any drafts.
- Improve your doors’ weather stripping and use a draft blocker to further keep cold air out
- For windows, an insulation kit and heavy drapes can help you prevent leaks
- If you have an unused fireplace, install a fireplace plug to keep warm air from heading up the chimney
- Cover up mail slots or pet door flaps that may be leaking air, especially at night
- Close vents and shut doors to rooms that are seldom used, so more warm air can be redirected to rooms in use
- Schedule an energy audit from your energy company to identify areas for improvement
- Attic insulation is also recommended since heat rises
4. Reverse ceiling fans
As heat does rise, ceiling fans set on low and adjusted to turn clockwise will help pull up cold air and drawdown and circulate warm air that’s hanging out near the ceiling.
5. Warm your floors
When the heat rises, don’t leave your floors out in the cold.
- If you’re interested in remodeling, radiant floor heating can help warm up a room and has become especially popular for bathrooms
- Invest in thick, plush rugs to help rooms feel warmer to your feet
Following just a few of these tips will make a big difference in helping your house feel cozy and warm, even during the most extreme cold temperatures of winter. To learn more about ways to easily improve your home’s warmth this winter, visit LGHVAC.com.
Schedule your Home Inspection in Bentonville AR today! Call us at (479) 551-8040.
Are you ready to move to Fayetteville, AR? Then we at Detect-It Real Estate Inspections are ready to be your home buying advocate making sure you find the perfect place to hang your hat.
Our professional home inspectors will thoroughly evaluate all aspects of the house or condo you are looking to buy. Our pros at Detect-It Real Estate Inspections do their job with due diligence to make sure we uncover any issues or concerns that could potentially impact the property value before closing a sale. All findings will be included in a comprehensive digital inspection report that will be delivered to you within 24 hours.
Schedule your home inspection service online right from our website TODAY or call us NOW at (479) 551-8040.
…Because a quality home for your family deserves no less than a quality home inspection service |
Detect-It Real Estate Inspections.