Getting your home ready for the home inspection is due diligence on the seller’s end. Some people think it’s a tough job, but it’s actually easy. Here at Home Inspection Fayetteville, we’ve listed 7-tips on preparing for the home inspection:
- Clean The House – not necessarily deep cleaning, but a well-cleaned home leaves a good impression on whoever walks into your home. Clean up the exterior as well. Most homeowners overlook the thought that Home Inspection Fayetteville. Home inspectors are people first and inspectors second. A clean home shows how much you take care of it. Get rid of the thought that the inspector will see past ‘stuff’ because most won’t.
- Before The Scheduled Time Is ‘On-time’ – Be prepared for the inspector 15-30 minutes prior to the appointment time. Make sure that your house is ready for the inspector to begin the inspection.
- Give Access To All Areas – a home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination, but it doesn’t mean our home inspectors are just looking around. The home inspector will operate the appliances, test the electrical system and plumbing looking for any issues, leaks, etc. Make sure everything is on and operational or the inspector might have to reschedule the inspection, delaying the inspection report, which could ultimately delay the sale.
- Remove Any Clutter Or Blockages – The inspector will need at least three to four feet of working space to inspect items such as the furnace, air conditioner, electrical panel, and water heater. Make sure to remove boxes, bookcases, shelves, or furniture that might be blocking the space.
- Provide Easy Access To Every Room – This includes the attic, basement, and crawlspace. Be sure the path is clear for the inspector to inspect these areas as well as any other room in the house. Secure valuables and possibly move items away from the walls at least two feet.
- Leave Keys For Exterior Building Access – label the keys and put them on the kitchen table for the inspector.
- Provide Documentation Of Repairs Or Renovations – Whether you installed a brand new AC system or had a plumbing system fixed, it is important that you provide documents for all the remodeling or repairs done to your home. This way, the buyer will feel more confident with your home, knowing that these items were inspected and that you are transparent.
Very honest and thorough for your home inspection. Caught things I wouldn’t event think of. Very professional and detailed. Would definitely use again. Highly recommend. – Anissa Todd
A comprehensive Buyer’s inspection report can make or break the sale of your home. When considering putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your own Fayetteville, AR home inspection conducted. As a seller, you want to present the best side of your home to buyers so knowing of any issues, fixing them before the first buyer arrives is a good thing.
At Home Inspection Fayetteville, we are your Home Buying and Selling Advocate. Are you planning to sell your property in the Fayetteville, AR area? We Can Help!
Give us a call today at (479) 551-8040 or Schedule Your Home Inspection Fayetteville Today!
A thriving job market, great house values, entrepreneurial growth, dynamic festival scenes, and pretty much anything you could ever need or want in a city to work, live, and play in, Fayetteville, AR makes one of the most liveable places in America.
Are you ready to move to Fayetteville, AR? Then we at Detect-It Real Estate Inspections are ready to be your home buying advocate making sure you find the perfect place to hang your hat.
Our professional home inspectors will thoroughly evaluate all aspects of the house or condo you are looking to buy. Our pros at Detect-It Real Estate Inspections do their job with due diligence to make sure we uncover any issues or concerns that could potentially impact the property value before closing a sale. All findings will be included in a comprehensive digital inspection report that will be delivered to you within 24 hours.
Schedule your home inspection service online right from our website TODAY or call us NOW at (479) 551-8040.
…Because a quality home for your family deserves no less than a quality home inspection service |
Detect-It Real Estate Inspections.